Saturday, July 18, 2015

Raspberry Pi Tips and Tricks and AlaMode Setup - [Part 2]

Setting up the Alamode for a Brick Set Shield



In this post I will show you how to setup the Alamode for use with the Seeed Studio Brick Set.  Above you can see the Brick Shield on top of my Alamode on top on my Model B.

All that is needed is to place the shield on top of the Alamode and add power to the Pi.  There's a power LED on the shield that indicates that it has power and is ready for action.

Next we load a lesson from the PDF that I have linked below:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30598156/brickbook-word-v1-03.pdf

I have even added the lessons to my GitHub account page for ease of use:
https://github.com/SalvorinFex/RasPi-Testing/tree/master/INO%20Files/Brick%20Lessons


Here I have Lesson #1 loaded onto the Alamode and when I press the the button the LED stays on as long as I hold the button down.




Next up is Lesson #2, this one uses a Tilt Switch and 2 LEDs, Green for normal and Red for tilted.


You can use the Brick Set with a standard Arduino, but what's the fun in that  :)

Next Time:  I will connect to the Alamode with out the Pi and use the FTDI cable and try to recreate some of these lessons using the Visual IDE: Visuino!







No comments:

Post a Comment