Tuesday, June 2, 2015

LCD Shield in Visuino - Tutorial/Experiment

Testing the New LCD Components in Visuino

Next test I am doing is with the LCD Shield that I picked up with I Gift Card.  Since the LCD component was just added to Beta 35 of Visuino I thought it was very timely to test this.

This is the LCD Shield that I will be using: 


And I used my Freetronics Eleven board for this test, after some help in the basic sketch in Visuino from the creator, Boian Mitov, we came up with this: 


We get a nice Hello World! on the first line and a SINE number on the second.


I have uploaded the Visuino file here.

If you are interested in this program, please visit www.visuino.com for details on joining the Beta Dev Community on Google Plus.





3 comments:

  1. Nice tutorial as usual :-)
    Congratulations! Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. I've been meaning to get a raspberry Pi for a while and start hacking around with it, it looks like a lot of fun. Are they really as simple to use as people say they are? I guess since they're only 5 bucks so I might as well just get myself one.

    Raymond @ CKS Global Solutions LTD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are familiar with Linux they are easy to use. Even if you are learning Linux or want to learn Linux, this is a Great way to do it.

      Delete